Building a Legacy
Welcome to the Andrews Memorial Primary School website.
At Andrews Memorial, we believe that the years a child spends at Primary school should be enjoyed and treasured in their own right, as well as laying the foundation for all other stages of formal education. Here is our school ethos...
Andrews Memorial believes in the potential of every child; to create, to achieve, to celebrate; to make a difference. We believe in blending and balancing the traditional elements of literacy and numeracy with a stimulating, up-to-date and challenging curriculum. We recognise the potential for ICT to enhance learning across the curriculum.
We aim to ensure that we provide a welcoming, caring and happy learning environment, in and beyond the classroom; also that we deliver learning that is valued by the whole school community and which develops an understanding and an appreciation of the world around us.
Ultimately, we hope to nurture well-rounded young people, who can engage with each other and with adults; who respect everyone and who have a sense of moral responsibility.
We believe it is our duty to:
- Enthuse and enable pupils to reach their full potential by developing independence, self-discipline, self-confidence and self-esteem
- Create an atmosphere of encouragement and high expectations
- Build and nurture partnerships between home, school and the community
- Provide a well-balanced, exciting curriculum in a safe, caring and happy environment
- Promote an ethos of ambition and achievement
- Instil a sense of purpose in making a contribution to life in and beyond school
If you want to find out more, please contact us directly. Contact information can be found on the Enquiries page of the site. The Principal, Ralph Magee, will also be pleased to show you around and answer any questions you may have.
School information and the current admissions criteria can be accessed by clicking here: Admissions Criteria 2017-18
Information on our open day & evening can be found here - we look forward to meeting you soon.